Welcome to my blog:

Monica's Munchies



Blessings!

The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon thee!
And be gracious unto thee,
be gracious unto thee,
the Lord lift up,
thy countenance and give thee peace!

Monica's Munchies: LUV2U! <3

My photo
I have learned many things along this rocky road called life! The most important thing I've learned is that I needed a Savior long ago! I felt so lost before the Lord found me and I opened up my heart to Him. Many things were coming at me, not the least of which was a voice telling me that my life wasn't worth going on for! When the Lord found me, He saved me from this lying voice! I invited Him into my home and my heart! From then on it's been Him and I in all things. My hope for you is that if you are on that same rocky road that I was on, empty, wondering if it's worth it to go on, you too will invite the Lord to save you. He will show you that your life is worth living for Him!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Stuffed Jalapenos!


Jeffrey's making stuffed Jalapeno Peppers to BBQ!

We save the insides for him to eat seperately!!





1   Lrg. bag Fresh & Easy size or 20-25 Jalapenos

1/2- 1 pkg. Cream Cheese (To soften: Heat in microwave for 30 secs!)

1/2-1lb. Chorizo (Saute in fry pan until thoroughly cooked, breaking into little pieces like ground beef)

Shredded Cheese:  a hand full (Smoked Gouda is reccomended, but if you only have Cheddar/Jack thats fine too!)

Tabasco  (Red or Green works well, use according to your own heat thermomater!)

Salt and Pepper to taste!
(Oringinal recipe is from Sunny Anderson, it calls for 1egg too! I don't usually add it!)

William Sonoma has a wonderful BBQ stand for the Jalepenos which allows you to cook them standing up and whole.  Slice tops off of Jalapenos and use a zuchinni corer to scoop out the insides, stuff with Cream Cheese mixture, place in stand and then place the stand on the BBQ!

1.  We also slice them in half, (this time don't slice off the top!) 
2.  Scrape out the insides, (which we save for Jeff as he loves the heat!) 
3.  Stuff with the cream cheese mixture and place on a cookie sheet! 
You can eat all left over ingredients seperately also:   

1.  Place left over cream cheese mixture on a cracker and enjoy!
2.  Chop Jalapenos up and saute in butter. Add 2-3 scrambled eggs and saute! Enjoy w/ Jalepeno Tabasco! 
We BBQ'd them, but you can cook in the oven!! 350 for approximately 25 mins!

Enjoy!

Luv2u!  <3 <3

Monica's Munchies ·

No comments:

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cooking classes are very inspiring! <3 <3

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party
Inspired by the Sea!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!
Inspired by the Sea!