Welcome to my blog:

Monica's Munchies



Blessings!

The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon thee!
And be gracious unto thee,
be gracious unto thee,
the Lord lift up,
thy countenance and give thee peace!

Monica's Munchies: LUV2U! <3

My photo
I have learned many things along this rocky road called life! The most important thing I've learned is that I needed a Savior long ago! I felt so lost before the Lord found me and I opened up my heart to Him. Many things were coming at me, not the least of which was a voice telling me that my life wasn't worth going on for! When the Lord found me, He saved me from this lying voice! I invited Him into my home and my heart! From then on it's been Him and I in all things. My hope for you is that if you are on that same rocky road that I was on, empty, wondering if it's worth it to go on, you too will invite the Lord to save you. He will show you that your life is worth living for Him!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Trust In the Lord? Can this be done in every circumstance? Are you serious?

Yosemite '09

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take. 
New Living Translation.  Pr 3:5-6

This word Trust comes with several thoughts!

2620 חָסָה [chacah /khaw·saw/] v. A primitive root; TWOT 700; GK 2879; 37 occurrences; AV translates as “to trust” 35 times, “to make a refuge” once, and “have hope” once. 1 (Qal) to seek refuge, flee for protection. 1a to put trust in (God), confide or hope in (God) (fig.). 


982 בָּטוּחַ, בָּטַח, בָּטַח [batach /baw·takh/] v. A primitive root; TWOT 233; GK 1052 and 1053 and 1054; 120 occurrences; AV translates as “trust” 103 times, “confidence” four times, “secure” four times, “confident” twice, “bold” once, “careless” once, “hope” once, “hoped” once, “ones” once, “sure” once, and “women” once. 1 to trust. 1a (Qal). 1a1 to trust, trust in. 1a2 to have confidence, be confident. 1a3 to be bold. 1a4 to be secure. 1b (Hiphil). 1b1 to cause to trust, make secure. 2 (TWOT) to feel safe, be careless.


4009 מִבְטָח [mibtach /mib·tawkh/] n m. From 982; TWOT 233e; GK 4440; 15 occurrences; AV translates as “confidence” nine times, “trust” four times, “sure” once, and “hope” once. 1 trust, confidence, refuge. 1a act of confiding. 1b object of confidence. 1c state of confidence, security.Strong, James: The Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible
 


Rescue, hope, security, safety, confidence, refuge, and  protection!  These are the descriptions of our Lord and Savior, these are the reasons why we put our trust in Jesus. He is all of these to us and soooo much more!! 

Do you find yourself in the midst of trials and difficulties today?  Then take off your shoes right where you are standing for dear Christian you are standing upon Holy Ground in the Presence of Your Holy God!

You see, the Lord your God has not fallen asleep at the helm.  As a matter of fact we are told many things in the bible about Him!  Here are a few of those things:  He never sleeps nor slumbers (Ps. 121:4), He saw you when you were created in your mothers womb(Jer. 1:5), He knows the number of hairs on your head (Luke 12:7)and He knows the number of days you will live and what each one of those days consists of.
 (Read all of Ps. 139)
 He knows more about us, every day that we will live, than we do. 

He knew this was coming into your life, this soooo very difficult season.  He is not unaware of every detail, He has a plan! (For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.  In those days when you pray, I will listen.  If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. I will be found by you,” says the Lord. “I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you, I will bring you home again to your own land.”New Living Translation. Je 29:11-14)

Will you look for His plan or will you be blinded by your fear, anguish and sorrows?

The Disciples on the road to Emaus said to Jesus...We had hoped!  Their hopes were shattered in Jesus' death on the cross, so much so that they did not even realize they were speaking to their ressurected Lord! Their great dissapointment blinded them to the great miracle standing right in front of them.  The "We had hoped attitude" shattered their faith!  It shatters ours too!  May we always say "I have hope"!

Trials, sufferings, difficulties and tradgedy bring constant pressure upon us.  They seem to ware us down, yet they are neccesary disciplines and are not to be looked at as misfortunes.  They give God the opportunity to show us His all sufficient strength and grace!  We can gain mature faith through these situations. We can either allow God to accomplish this growth in us or we can run away from our difficulties.  If we run, rest assured they will come back to us in a different form.  You see, you and I are just too precious to God for Him to leave us where we are..our faith must be allowed to grow and deepen through each storm so that our roots of Faith, Hope and Love will grow deep in Christ. 

The book of Hebrews calls Gods righteous ones to live by faith not to run in fear!  Heb. 10:38 
Yes, the pain and strain can be overwhelming....the fear soooo great we feel we will not make it!  I too have been there.  If your emotions are tossing you about like ships moored at port, or if they ebb and flow with the tide of your thoughts and dissapointments in life, you need to realize that Jesus Christ is your Rock of stability.


Yosemite '09
He is the Rock of salvation, the Rock of ages and the Solid Rock we can stand upon!  

ROCK. In the OT rock (Heb. sela‘; ṣûr) symbolizes the security and defence of a steep and inaccessible refuge (cf. Is. 32:2; 33:16). Similarly, it is used of an immovable foundation (cf. Ps. 40:2): to remove ‘the rock’ is equivalent to shaking the world (cf. Jb. 18:4). In an interplay of these symbols it is not surprising to find God spoken of as a rock who gives security and safety to his people (cf. 2 Sa. 22:32)

New Bible Dictionary. InterVarsity Press

Don't cower in the lowlands of feelings and emotions...Stand firmly upon the Solid Rock...

 He also brought me up out of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.
He has put a new song in my mouth—
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.
The New King James Version.  Ps 40:2-3

Blessings to you beloved of Christ...Be Still...know by faith, hope and love..He is God!

LUV2U!  <3 Monica's Munchies

No comments:

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cooking classes are very inspiring! <3 <3

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party
Inspired by the Sea!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!
Inspired by the Sea!