Welcome to my blog:

Monica's Munchies



Blessings!

The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon thee!
And be gracious unto thee,
be gracious unto thee,
the Lord lift up,
thy countenance and give thee peace!

Monica's Munchies: LUV2U! <3

My photo
I have learned many things along this rocky road called life! The most important thing I've learned is that I needed a Savior long ago! I felt so lost before the Lord found me and I opened up my heart to Him. Many things were coming at me, not the least of which was a voice telling me that my life wasn't worth going on for! When the Lord found me, He saved me from this lying voice! I invited Him into my home and my heart! From then on it's been Him and I in all things. My hope for you is that if you are on that same rocky road that I was on, empty, wondering if it's worth it to go on, you too will invite the Lord to save you. He will show you that your life is worth living for Him!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Glory Beyond the Daily Grind! Charles Swindoll!

Glory Beyond the Grind Share

Today at 4:00am
by Charles R. Swindoll
Exodus 15:2
Even though the song was composed before I was born (which makes it a real oldie), I often find myself humming it in the shower at the beginning of a busy day, between appointments and assignments in the middle of a hectic day, and on the road home at the end of a tiring day. Somehow it adds a soothing touch of oil to the grind: "Without a song the day would never end . . . without a song. . . ."

True, isn't it? The right combination of words and melody seldom fails to work its magic. And given the pressures and demands we are forced to cope with on a daily basis, we could use a little magic.

The homemaker with children at her feet who faces fourteen or more hours a day in the grind of an endless list of chores. The professional who deals with the grind of people, people, people. The truck driver who heads into the grind of traffic snarls and monotonous miles. The athlete who lives with the grind of unending hours of practice. Students and faculty who face the cynical grind of daily preparation and assignments, exams and papers.

Fact is, no matter who you are or what you do, the grind ain't gonna go away! The sales person has quotas. The performer has rehearsals. The therapist can't escape one depressed soul after another. The preacher is never free of sermon preparation. The broadcaster cannot get away from the clock any more than the military person can escape the hassle of red tape. Days don't end . . . roads don't bend . . . help!

The question is, how do we live beyond the daily grind? The answer is, a song. But not just any song! Certainly not some mindless, earsplitting tune yelled into a microphone. No, not that. I have in mind some songs that are really old. We're talking ancient here. In fact, they are the ones inspired and composed by our creator God. They're called psalms.

These are the timeless songs that have yielded delicious fruit in every generation. Not silly ditties, but strong melodious messages specially designed to help us live beyond the grind. That's right, beyond it. “We'll get along as long as a psalm is strong in our souls."

Those age-old compositions drip with the oil of glory that enables us to live beyond the grind. Songs of victory, affirmation, and encouragement, of confidence-giving strength, of hope, of compassion.

Without God's song in our soul, our long days will never end and those wearisome roads will never bend.
God's Book is full of songs—150 of them.
Let's sing them frequently and allow their time-tested lyrics to oil our days.

No comments:

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cooking classes are very inspiring! <3 <3

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party
Inspired by the Sea!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!
Inspired by the Sea!