Welcome to my blog:

Monica's Munchies



Blessings!

The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon thee!
And be gracious unto thee,
be gracious unto thee,
the Lord lift up,
thy countenance and give thee peace!

Monica's Munchies: LUV2U! <3

My photo
I have learned many things along this rocky road called life! The most important thing I've learned is that I needed a Savior long ago! I felt so lost before the Lord found me and I opened up my heart to Him. Many things were coming at me, not the least of which was a voice telling me that my life wasn't worth going on for! When the Lord found me, He saved me from this lying voice! I invited Him into my home and my heart! From then on it's been Him and I in all things. My hope for you is that if you are on that same rocky road that I was on, empty, wondering if it's worth it to go on, you too will invite the Lord to save you. He will show you that your life is worth living for Him!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Experiencing a Crooked Road!

                                                        There was a Crooked Man poem

(An old Scotish Nursery Rhyme about a time of war and peace)

There was a crooked man and he walked a crooked mile,

He found a crooked sixpence upon a crooked stile.

He bought a crooked cat, which caught a crooked mouse.

And they all lived together in a little crooked house


When I was in high school I attended Christian camp at Campus By the Sea, on the Island of Catalina.  I loved it there.  We would take the Catalina Cruiser across the channel and then be brought into the cove by a small pulley boat.  The men of camp would stand on the shore and pull the rope which would pull in our small wooden boat.  Beautifully placed in a cove, right on the water front camp was all I lived for!  It was where I met Jesus! 

There was one day each week of camp, every summer, that we would hike into Avalon!  Uuuuggghh!  I hate hiking and climbing!   I was always the last to get going.  I was nervous and unsure in my footing.  The counselors had to help me up the hillside and along the path.  I always wanted them nearby incase I stumbled or fell.  I've never really trusted my own instincts about these things.  I've always needed to lean on someone to help me get to where I am going.  The trail at times was skinny and very crooked.  The end of the hike was the most monotonous, becasue we had to go back and forth on the switch backs as we headed downward towards the city of Avalon.  The end seemed like the longest part of the hike.

God often leads His children to places with steep difficulties, trying circumstances and the dreaded switch backs.  Often there is no escape route found.  Just like at camp, I could not get out of what everyone in camp had to participate in.  The Hike!  We too must participate in and learn the lessons God has for us so we can grow in the Grace and Knowledge of Him.  We can trust Him to guide us safely to the other side of these steep canyons, crooked roads, and skinny paths just like the camp counselors helped me! 

God will display His mighty works of grace and power in delivering us safely to His appointed destinations.  Along the way He will imparts lessons  that will never be forgotten by us!  And in the days to come we will return to the lessons learned on these paths through our trials and we will sing with joy at His deliverances! 

Once I reached the beautiful city of Avalon, I had a fun filled day of bicycling, playing in the water, eating and shopping with my friends.  The hike was always worth it in the end.  And the best part was that at the end of the day we were speed boated back to camp in time for dinner!!

Today I lean on Jeff when the road of life is crooked, full of hazards and I feel unstable in my walk. Together we seek the Lord to help us.  He sends His Holy Spirit to counsel and guide us, to walk along side of us making our crooked paths seem like very straight and secure roads!! 

(Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, lean not on your own understanding, acknowledge Him in all of your ways and He will make your paths straight!  Prov. 3:5-6)  Taken from Streams in the Desert and expounded upon by Monica's Munchies!

1 comment:

Sweet Melissa said...

Wow thats pretty good!! Hope I can get off this crooked road soon!

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cooking classes are very inspiring! <3 <3

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party
Inspired by the Sea!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!
Inspired by the Sea!