Welcome to my blog:

Monica's Munchies



Blessings!

The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon thee!
And be gracious unto thee,
be gracious unto thee,
the Lord lift up,
thy countenance and give thee peace!

Monica's Munchies: LUV2U! <3

My photo
I have learned many things along this rocky road called life! The most important thing I've learned is that I needed a Savior long ago! I felt so lost before the Lord found me and I opened up my heart to Him. Many things were coming at me, not the least of which was a voice telling me that my life wasn't worth going on for! When the Lord found me, He saved me from this lying voice! I invited Him into my home and my heart! From then on it's been Him and I in all things. My hope for you is that if you are on that same rocky road that I was on, empty, wondering if it's worth it to go on, you too will invite the Lord to save you. He will show you that your life is worth living for Him!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Roasted Chili De Arbol Salsa! Ole!

                                  Roasted Chili De Arbol Salsa from Girls Talk Class July 17th, 2010

12-15 Roma Tomatoes (note: have a few extra tomatoes in case salsa is stinkin hot! hahaha!

1 Brown, white or purple onion, peeled and cut in 1/2

1 Jalapeno (for flavor)

Spread these out on a cookie sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes at 400 degrees. 

Tomatoes and jalapeno should be blistered or at least skin broken.  Onion browned. Not blackened!


Dried Chili de Arbol
1 Onion, cut in 1/4's
5 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
Water to cover

In the meantime place 1/2 of a handful of dried chili de arbol pods in a pot of water with another onion.  Add garlic.  Simmer for about 15 minutes.  

Cool all veges a little bit and place in blender. (Note: Cooling keeps it from exploding, always use a towel or hot pad over the top of blender when blending something warm.  Be sure to take stems off of chili before you place in blender.  Process in batches if neccessary.)  Hit liquify button for two minutes.  There should not be any big pieces of chilis seen.  Add one whole bunch cilantro, just cutting off the very bottom of stems, some of the stem can be added.  

Pour in a bowl and add garlic sea salt to taste, should lightly cover top of salsa about 2x's. 

Enjoy Monica's Munchies Roasted Salsa on everything...keep in mind anytime it's too stinkin hot simplyt add more roasted tomatoes, cooked garlic cloves and cilantro as needed.   

Enjoy and be blessed this summer!

Monica's Munchies <3


No comments:

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cooking classes are very inspiring! <3 <3

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party
Inspired by the Sea!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!
Inspired by the Sea!