Welcome to my blog:

Monica's Munchies



Blessings!

The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon thee!
And be gracious unto thee,
be gracious unto thee,
the Lord lift up,
thy countenance and give thee peace!

Monica's Munchies: LUV2U! <3

My photo
I have learned many things along this rocky road called life! The most important thing I've learned is that I needed a Savior long ago! I felt so lost before the Lord found me and I opened up my heart to Him. Many things were coming at me, not the least of which was a voice telling me that my life wasn't worth going on for! When the Lord found me, He saved me from this lying voice! I invited Him into my home and my heart! From then on it's been Him and I in all things. My hope for you is that if you are on that same rocky road that I was on, empty, wondering if it's worth it to go on, you too will invite the Lord to save you. He will show you that your life is worth living for Him!

Monday, February 8, 2010

A View From the ICU Waiting Room! (or any hospital waiting room!)

Monica's Marvelous Spiritual Makings (dubbed by Jeffrey!)

Man, this is a hard place to be, with long, long days to get through!  Don't just sit there, keep yourself and others occupied! 

Something to understand:  Unless your case is an considereed stat, the Dr.'s don't come by the ICU til 8-9pm!  They are busy with their practices, surgery and rounds during the day!  So the following tips are  necessary!

(Please don't hesitate to use your gifts of hospitality at this time...it will bless your friends and family!)

Bring your favoite hand bags, small igloos and backpacks with essentials for the wait!
Having your own Bible and the Devotional Streams in the Dessert are a must!
(Having your bible study there to do is very helpful to keep you focused on the Lord and ready to be used.)

1.  We found having some puzzle books to pass the time really helps.  2-3 people can work on cross word puzzles together, others can do individual puzzles. 
2.  Water bottles, Capri Suns, Sprite are good for the wait.
3.  Bring simple snacks to share such as: nuts, chips, homemade Amish Bread pre-sliced w/small plates and forks! 
4.  Little bit of candy keeps everyone going!  Bring them all in zip lock baggies.
5.  Be willing to make a food run or a frozen yogurt run! 
6.  If you are a large family don't be afraid to get there early and save seats! 
7.  I have 3 movies on my IPOD, one is my favorite That Thing You Do!  I watch it over and over!
8.  Remember there is alot of stress, fear and unsure feelings at this time so be willing to pray at a moments notice as the Lord leads. (Be ready in season and out to apply Gods word to every situation for strength and wisdom!)
9.  Be sure to go for walks with different family members to let them talk and for encouraging them!

These things helped us to unite as a family, to have great fellowship, trusting in the Lord during the worst of circumstances.


I hope this will bless you if you ever find your self in the Twighlight Zone of a hospital waiting room!
(cue the music)

LUV2U! <3 Monica's Munchies!

1 comment:

Pinkladydana said...

Monica--thank you for your thoughtfulness! No one knows when they will need this info!!

LUV2U2,

dana

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cooking classes are very inspiring! <3 <3

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party
Inspired by the Sea!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!
Inspired by the Sea!