Welcome to my blog:

Monica's Munchies



Blessings!

The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon thee!
And be gracious unto thee,
be gracious unto thee,
the Lord lift up,
thy countenance and give thee peace!

Monica's Munchies: LUV2U! <3

My photo
I have learned many things along this rocky road called life! The most important thing I've learned is that I needed a Savior long ago! I felt so lost before the Lord found me and I opened up my heart to Him. Many things were coming at me, not the least of which was a voice telling me that my life wasn't worth going on for! When the Lord found me, He saved me from this lying voice! I invited Him into my home and my heart! From then on it's been Him and I in all things. My hope for you is that if you are on that same rocky road that I was on, empty, wondering if it's worth it to go on, you too will invite the Lord to save you. He will show you that your life is worth living for Him!

Monday, February 8, 2010

Save a Buck Chicken!

Monica's Marvelous Makings! (dubbed by Jeffrey!)

I love buying a precooked rotisserie style chicken from the store!  It's simple, easy to shred for an instant marvelous making!  Yet cooking your own chicken is so simple!

Right now we all need to save a buck where we can, yet I do not believe in being cheap! 
Frugal is the key word here! 

Jeff and I have both been watching for whole Fresh and Easy/Foster Farms whole chickens to go on sale!  When we find them we purchase 2-3 of them.  Throw them in the freezer 'til your ready to use 'em

Jeff cuts them up for me if I want or I cook them whole. 

I clean out the undersireable inward parts and rinse 'em well. Don't forget to wash your sink out with soap afterward for safe keeping from salmonella!

Next pat it dry with a paper towel, this helps the oil/seasonings have a stick to it attitude!
Rub olive oil on the out side and sprinkle it with Garlic Salt, that's it! 

No fancy seasoning needed for a shredding chicken!

Place it in an aluminum foil lined pan for easy cleaning.  Cook at 350 degrees for about 1 -1 1/2  hours.
(It is done when juices you can see just inside the chicken are clear) 
Take it out, tent it with aluminum foil till it is cool enough to shred! 

This is so yummy, easy and perfect for shredding! 

Don't forget to share a few bites with the puppies!  You will not be able to hold back yourself!

Use in my Chicken Chile Verde Enchilada Casserole, Barbcue Chicken Sandwiches or Chicken Quesadillas!

Enjoy!  LUV2U! <3  Monica's Munchies!

No comments:

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cooking classes are very inspiring! <3 <3

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party
Inspired by the Sea!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!
Inspired by the Sea!