Welcome to my blog:

Monica's Munchies



Blessings!

The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon thee!
And be gracious unto thee,
be gracious unto thee,
the Lord lift up,
thy countenance and give thee peace!

Monica's Munchies: LUV2U! <3

My photo
I have learned many things along this rocky road called life! The most important thing I've learned is that I needed a Savior long ago! I felt so lost before the Lord found me and I opened up my heart to Him. Many things were coming at me, not the least of which was a voice telling me that my life wasn't worth going on for! When the Lord found me, He saved me from this lying voice! I invited Him into my home and my heart! From then on it's been Him and I in all things. My hope for you is that if you are on that same rocky road that I was on, empty, wondering if it's worth it to go on, you too will invite the Lord to save you. He will show you that your life is worth living for Him!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Pride and Prejudice!


I bet your expecting to find a post about the movie Pride and Prejudice!  Haha, I fooled you! 
Melissa and I love that movie, but
I am speaking of  the Pharisees of Jesus' day in John chapter 9! 
I find them to be full of Pride and Prejudice! 
The definition of Pride from Websters 1828 Dictionary is: 
1. Inordinate self-esteem; an unreasonable conceit of one's own superiority in talents, beauty, wealth, accomplishments, rank or elevation in office, which manifests itself in lofty airs, distance, reserve, and often in contempt of others.
 2. Insolence; rude treatment of others; insolent exultation.
The definition of Prejudice from Websters 1828 Dictionary is:
1. Prejudgment; an opinion or decision of mind, formed without due examination of the facts or arguments which are necessary to a just and impartial determination.

The Pharisees in John Chapter 9 fit these descriptions exactly! 


You see they were upset that Jesus healed a blind man on the Sabbath.  Also that He kneaded clay on the Sabbath. (another no no!) He spit on the dirt, mixed it and put it on the mans eyes, then Jesus told him to go and wash!  When the blind man obeyed, he was instantly healed of his blindness. 
The Jews were concerned about what was done on the Sabbath so they brought the man before the Pharisees, who demanded testimony conderning Jesus and this healing. (Note: only for the purpose of looking to discredit Jesus.) The blind mans testimony went without being examined, the Pharisees chose not to believe it.  So they called for his parents to testify about whether or not he was blind from birth and how he was healed.  Being afraid of the Pharisees threats, his parents answered them "Ask him, he is old enough to speak for himself."  Say what???  This is your son?????  (You see they feared the threats the Pharisees made that anyone who testified positively for Jesus would be thrown out of the temple for good!)


In '08 Melissa had major surgery at Loma Linda University hospital.  It took 6 hours and she had to have a full blood transfusion.  Had the Lord healed her instantly, Jeff and I would have fallen to our knees and thanked God.  And even though she had to go through with the surgery we still give thanksgiving to Him for giving her new life and showing the doctors what to do to help her!! 


These parents were so frightened of losing their way of life would, that they did not even worship Jesus as God for healing their son!  That is beyond my ability to understand!  May I never be so caught up with mans words that I forget to praise my Lord!
At this point the Pharisees called the blind man back and asked him, who do you think this Jesus is?  Not knowing who Jesus exactly was the blind  man said a I think he is a prophet, because prophets of old did the healings.  The Pharisees did not like that answer either so they questioned him more.
Sick of the questioning and Pharisees false accusations of who Jesus was (they said he is a sinner and demon possesed) the blind man set them straight...
1. God does not listen to sinners! 
2.  He listens and answers those who believe in Him and worship Him!! 
A great division broke out among the Pharisees about who Jesus was!!  Sheesh!!!
With that the Pharisees became angry at the blind man who was healed and kicked him out of the temple! 
Jesus heard what had happened, found this blind man He had healed, revealed to Him that He is God, and the man said I believe and worshipped!!  Wow, soo many differing reactions to who Jesus is!!

Jesus used this blind man to teach the Pharisees then and us today many things.  Here are a few I came up with:

There are those who just don't want to believe, because it will change their way of life, and they don't want to give up their sin, or their own beliefs!  They chose not to see!


If you chose not to believe in Jesus after being told about Him and His works you will not be able to use the excuse I did not know, because you are not blind!!


Check things out with your whole heart, don't be caught guilty of being Prejudice against God without knowing the truth!  (Seek Him out!!)


Some of us who can see are capable of being spiritually blind apart from God!


Don't be full of yourself,  Pride is not becoming.  Really none of us are great or wise apart from the wisdom of God!


Don't demand your own way it only leads to trouble for you in the end!  And it makes you look foolish!


I am sure there are more lessons here!!  This is a great chapter, check it out for yourself and see
if you can add anything else to this list, please leave it in the comment section for the rest of us to be blessed by!! 

Love2U! <3




 




2 comments:

Sweet Melissa said...

That was awesome! Even today people have so many different reactions to Jesus, some repent but others become angry! We should have the same reaction, to fall to our knees in worship. Talk about legalistic, I'll bet if they were the ones who were blind and then healed on the sabbath they would have a different reaction.

Pinkladydana said...

Hi Monica--love the colorful look of your blog! How do ads work out? should I try that?

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cooking classes are very inspiring! <3 <3

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party
Inspired by the Sea!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!
Inspired by the Sea!