Welcome to my blog:

Monica's Munchies



Blessings!

The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon thee!
And be gracious unto thee,
be gracious unto thee,
the Lord lift up,
thy countenance and give thee peace!

Monica's Munchies: LUV2U! <3

My photo
I have learned many things along this rocky road called life! The most important thing I've learned is that I needed a Savior long ago! I felt so lost before the Lord found me and I opened up my heart to Him. Many things were coming at me, not the least of which was a voice telling me that my life wasn't worth going on for! When the Lord found me, He saved me from this lying voice! I invited Him into my home and my heart! From then on it's been Him and I in all things. My hope for you is that if you are on that same rocky road that I was on, empty, wondering if it's worth it to go on, you too will invite the Lord to save you. He will show you that your life is worth living for Him!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Pasilla Chile Peppers!

This week I've  had a couple of expierences with Pasilla Chile Peppers! I took 5, roasted them in the oven with some butternut squash, plus a whole head of garlic. Melissa and I turned that into a "Bobby Flay" type of Spicy Butternut Squash soup! I used 3 of the pasilla chile peppers, and that was 2 1/2 to many. Haha! The soup was good, but soooo spicy it was hard to eat! Our lips were a burnin'. These are the chiles that restaurants use for Chile Rellenos. They aren't normally very spicy!


Yesterday, Sunday, Melissa and I went to the Newport Beach. We wanted to ride bikes, do our devotions, and to hear from the Lord! Melissa read Streams in the Dessert and Springs in the Valley out loud for us as we sat on the beach. It was a gorgeous afternoon! Each devotion spoke to us about the fact that God is in control of all our situations! All of the doors that seem to be locked. He holds the keys to each locked door. And in His timing He will open them.

After spending some time in prayer asking the Lord for wisdom concerning these locked doors, He reminded me of my pasilla chile pepper episode.

You see, I had to roast them, making sure I blistered and blackened 'em. Then I place them in a paper bag to sweat. That process allowed me to peel the bitter outer layer of skin off, to get to the very best the chile meat offered! I used it to flavor and heat our soup up! This process also intensified the flavor and heat that the chilies would be giving out!

The Lord showed me that He was working in my life the same way for the same reason. He was trying to tell me it's all good, for a worthy cause! Haha!  Very tough to swallow!  hahah!

We all go through times when our hearts become hard for one reason or another. Different circumstances lead to the same outcome in each of our hearts, when the circumstances aren't dealt with correctly, that is His way. We become hardened and embittered!

That's when the Lord begins the slow roasting process. On and on it goes, we begin to feel so heated that we feel blistered/blackened. Turn down the fires we cry out! (And in His timing He does.) Then when we don't seem to have any answers/wisdom concerning those firey trials, we begin to sweat over them. Wrestling, analyzing, thinking the situation to death, until we are exhausted. (Some of us are still in this area, with some situations, keep pressing through, keep asking Him to take it from you, tt's the only way to be rid of it for good!)

Finally get sooooo sick of it, that we give it over to Him. Enough we cry out and we throw it to Him! That is the process of peeling that bitter layer off.

The Lord ends up with a very tender hearted Christian in His hands. This offering of obedience is a sweet aroma to Him, by His Grace we are ready to be used by Him to season the world with His love that is found in His Son, Christ Jesus! 

P.S.  No matter what you have been through, be determined to give it over to the Lord!  This takes perseverance and trust!  Press on!  Push through! And Pray!

Love 2 U!

1 comment:

Pinkladydana said...

Hi Monica--where did you get the neat
"Cook it" feature?

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cooking classes are very inspiring! <3 <3

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party
Inspired by the Sea!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!
Inspired by the Sea!