Welcome to my blog:

Monica's Munchies



Blessings!

The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon thee!
And be gracious unto thee,
be gracious unto thee,
the Lord lift up,
thy countenance and give thee peace!

Monica's Munchies: LUV2U! <3

My photo
I have learned many things along this rocky road called life! The most important thing I've learned is that I needed a Savior long ago! I felt so lost before the Lord found me and I opened up my heart to Him. Many things were coming at me, not the least of which was a voice telling me that my life wasn't worth going on for! When the Lord found me, He saved me from this lying voice! I invited Him into my home and my heart! From then on it's been Him and I in all things. My hope for you is that if you are on that same rocky road that I was on, empty, wondering if it's worth it to go on, you too will invite the Lord to save you. He will show you that your life is worth living for Him!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Monica's Munchies Arrrrrrrozzzzz Con Pollo! Hahahha

1 regular pkg.  Chicken Legs  (If you have extra large pot, you can upgrade to jumbo pkg. hahah!)      
1 jumbo  pkg.   Chicken Thighs

Rinse chicken and pat dry!  Season chicken with garlic salt and white pepper.  Heat heavy bottom (enamel type) pot adding extra virgin olive oil.   Brown chicken on both sides.  (Your not cooking it through just yet!!  Don't move it around, wait and then lift when it lifts easily on it's own.)  Remove chicken from pot and set aside. 

Add more extra virgin olive oil to pot, plus:

1 ea. purple and brown onion, chopped
5-8 garlic cloves, chopped

Saute (Keep it moving and pick up brown bits from the bottom of the pan! )

Add 3-4 cups Basmati rice to pot and brown for a few minutes.  Stirring often.

Once the rice is browned.....add 1/3 to 1/2  can El Pato Tomato sauce..very spicy and yummy. 
Cook into rice for 5 minutes.

Monica's Munchies Note: No El Pato on hand, chop a jalepeno or two, saute w/ the onion & garlic.

Chicken broth
Canned diced tomatoes
Frozen mixed Veges
Saffron 

                       Monica's Munchies Note: The goal is to make 2 cups of liquid per 1 cup rice.   

Measure liquid and canned diced tomatoes in a large measuring cup. 
Figure approx. 1 1/2 cups broth plus 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes per 1 cup rice.

Pour into pot over rice & stir. 

Add 5 ish  strands of saffron to liquid.  (Purchase at Cost Plus for pretty cheap)

Bring to just under a boil.  Taste for seasoning....add garlic salt and white pepper if needed

Add a cup of frozen mixed veggies, stir again.

Lower heat to just a simmer.

Add all chicken back to pot.  (No stirring) Cover! 


Cook for approx. 25 min's, or until chicken is cooked through and rice is done.  ,

Allowing it to stand  for 10 min's is a good idea, but not always possible because your mouth will be watering!  hahah!

Monica's Munchies Note:  Don't sweat it if  the chicken isn't cooked all the way, just nuke it for a minute or two! 

Yummy.

Enjoy <3

Monica's Munchies

4 comments:

Kay Ellen said...

You are such a good cook!! I will have to try this~~
I may call you for a pep talk! lol

xo
K

Dana said...

I think I'll give this a try with some chicken thighs I will be thawing out. I love the way you offer substitutions, so some of us "well seasoned" cooks don't have to figure out our own. I put up some spicy tomato sauce last summer, but El Pato is the real thing!
Love,
Dana

Kızlık zarı said...

This is such a cool blog, intersting articles and great pictures....
well done Dave your a credit to bloggers!!
Kızlık zarı

Septorinoplasti said...

Thank you so much for a well written, easy to understand article on this. It can get really confusing when trying to explain it – but you did a great job. Thank you!
Septorinoplasti

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cooking classes are very inspiring! <3 <3

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party
Inspired by the Sea!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!
Inspired by the Sea!