Welcome to my blog:

Monica's Munchies



Blessings!

The Lord Bless thee, and keep thee,
May the Lord make His face to shine upon thee!
And be gracious unto thee,
be gracious unto thee,
the Lord lift up,
thy countenance and give thee peace!

Monica's Munchies: LUV2U! <3

My photo
I have learned many things along this rocky road called life! The most important thing I've learned is that I needed a Savior long ago! I felt so lost before the Lord found me and I opened up my heart to Him. Many things were coming at me, not the least of which was a voice telling me that my life wasn't worth going on for! When the Lord found me, He saved me from this lying voice! I invited Him into my home and my heart! From then on it's been Him and I in all things. My hope for you is that if you are on that same rocky road that I was on, empty, wondering if it's worth it to go on, you too will invite the Lord to save you. He will show you that your life is worth living for Him!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Well, I am finally coming up for air between Camping in Yosemite with Melissa for 5 days, teaching a cooking class at the Girl Talk Seminar, hosting the Crusade Kitchen, and now of course....finishing the planning of my daughters wedding! <3 What a year it has been.


I have felt like Gumby, being streched and pulled in every possible way! Hahaha!

How I love being used by God to serve others! <3

One of my favorite books of the bible is Nehemiah. He also was very much like a Gumby. He was strectched and pulled in every way possible way in his service of God! He prayed, planned and pulled off the rebuilding of the wall around Israel! All the way through this great feat he followed hard after God.....God's ways, God's plans, God's wisdom! By doing that he was able to stay focused and finish the task! And he had the help of the people!  Having a good team whose desire is to follow God also is a must!! <3

Like Nehemiah I have sought the Lord this year by:  praying;  listening;  gaining His wisdom; yielding my heart; seeking to obey and therefore accomplishing all the tasks that the Lord has set before me! <3
(Note:  With lots of help from others who are seeking the same things of the Lord as I am of course!)

When Pastor Carmen asked Jeff and I to head up the Kitchen at the crusade I was excited, but wondering if he was a little crazy! <3 Hahaha! We prayed and said "Of course"!

I attacked the situation just like I do for the BBQ's at the Orangecrest Satellite Church that I head up! (Normally we have about 350 people!) I trusted that God Himself would fill in allllll the gaps I would have in my planning! And He did by sending Alex to help me!!  Thanks to him the kitchen had everything I could have needed to accomplish this task! He gathered all the things he knew the Crusade Kitchen needed. He is a true blessing.

God had another surprise for me....Jeff was hired as the Head of Maintenance at church, which was a surprise and blessing for us...so therefore he was taken away from me as my co-leader and muscles for the Kitchen! hahah!  This crew that Jeff is heading up is the main reason for the need for the kitchen along w/ 100 volunteers! And so many more! <3

God is sooo good and wise!  He brought me two replacements for the one!! Whew, that was awesome!  He knew how I would need the Stouts help!!! What a bleeeeeessssed replacement for the subtraction.....They are a joy to work with!! <3

Of course I had my right and left hands Melissa Rose and Susan Shaw!!! (Melissa being left handed was my left hand and hard working partner this whole year!!!!  <3)

The Lord really put together my team, the best team ever!  Many of my helpers were whole families who came along side the management to see this giant through!! I also had the best young women who worked like crazy and helped me keep my salsa made for the week!! 

I am blessed and grateful for everyones love of the Lord, joy in the kitchen and hardworking help! Here are some pics to show you our week in the Crusade Kitchen!!

The week ended with my group writing a camp ditty for me which I absolutely loved!!!  <3 

When you serve the Lord with others who love the Lord...you are truly blessed in the depths of your heart!

P.S. If you have pics..send them to me so I can add them here!! <3




















 








No comments:

Chicken Lettuce Wraps

Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Cooking classes are very inspiring! <3 <3

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party
Inspired by the Sea!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!

Melissa and RJ's Engagement Party Cake!
Inspired by the Sea!